Petty Cash Request
Petty Cash Requests need to be submitted at the time of your event proposal submission, three weeks prior to the event. Use a petty cash form when making purchases under $200 total.
Petty Cash Receipt Rules:
- All receipts will be audited by a supervisor after purchase is made.
- Receipts and change MUST be returned within 48 hours of event, or on Monday if you picked up the cash on Friday.
- Receipts must be for the exact amount of purchase and should not include sales tax. A tax exempt form will be given to you upon picking up petty cash.
- Receipt must have imprinted name of vendor or must be stamped with vendor name & address. Clear this with vendor prior to purchase.
Other Petty Cash Rules:
- Do not use personal funds with the intent of future reimbursement.
- Do not spend more than amount approved/dispursed with the intent of future reimbusement.
- No alcohol, services, on-campus purchases, gift certificates, cash prizes, or awards.
- Do not mix personal purchases with University purchases.
- Tipping is not allowed.