Thank you for your interest in joining Cat Crew—a welcoming committee that helps students move into their new home. Your assistance will be valuable to our incoming Bobcats!
Join the Cat Crew
Move-In is August 14-16, 2022
- Move into your assigned residence hall or apartment early on August 13, 2022.
- For students with a Fall 2022/Spring 2023 housing contract.
- Earn service hours if you are a member of a Texas State student organization.
- Check with your organization to determine if this qualifies.
- Get a Cat Crew t-shirt.
- Join the Texas State tradition of helping new students start their Bobcat experience!
Saturday | August 13, 2022
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Cat Crew students who will reside on campus can move into their fall assignment during this time.
- 3 - 5 p.m.
- Cat Crew training will take place during this time, location to be determined. We will be emailing crew members in late July with more details.
Sunday-Tuesday | August 14-16, 2022
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
- New student move-in. Cat Crew to work their assigned shifts.
- Show up on time for training and your assigned shifts.
- Students living on-campus who sign up for Cat Crew are being allowed to move in early. Those who fail to comply with Cat Crew requirements will be billed for those extra days on-campus and for their crew member shirts.
- Wear your Cat Crew shirt on each move-in day. They must be worn as a shirt and not as a headband, etc.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Tennis shoes are the safest and most comfortable shoes to wear. Avoid wearing flip-flops.
- Eat meals either before or after your assigned shift. You will be encouraged to take water breaks, but there will not be a break time for meals.
- Bring any community service forms needing signatures to your Cat Crew Area Leader. They will sign them on the last day of your assignment.
Student Organization Notice
We appreciate the opportunity to partner with on-campus and community organizations to welcome new students. We understand this may be an outreach opportunity for your group, but we hope that you join Cat Crew out of a desire to participate in the tradition of welcoming new students to the campus community, rather than simply a desire to recruit new members.
- You must be a recognized student organization or group.
- Each group will need to commit to working a shift on each Move-In day.
- You must have a minimum of 10 people signing up.
- You must select a Group Leader for every 10 people.
- Group Leaders will need to attend an informational training and will serve as the contact for their group.