This weekend, the Texas State University Student Information System (SIS) will undergo mandatory maintenance. All SIS services and several Texas State Web Apps will be unavailable from 7 a.m. Saturday, April 29 through 7 a.m. Monday, May 1.
Examples of unavailable services during the maintenance window:
Associate Director of Facilities and Operations, Kyle Estes, shares some best practices regarding the hazardous material management plan in the article Besting Biohazards in the ACUHO-I bi-monthly magazine, the Talking Stick. Estes and the Department of Housing and Residential Life can be seen throughout the article, including photos of Facilities and Maintenance staff and the residence halls. Read the article here.
Grande Communications, the cable service provider in the residence halls, will be switching to an all digital format. This may effect older analog TVs. This switch has been in affect for several years, any most flat-screen and/or HD TVs support the digital format. Refer to the TV manufacturer to ensure that your TV can support this format.
The water will be turned off in the area of Aquarena, Mill Street, Warden and Zunker on Thursday, January 28 at 8:00 pm and will be off for approximately 10 hours due to construction. This will affect the service at Bobcat Village.
As a precaution, once water service is restored you may want to boil your water prior to consumption. This a precautionary measure and does not necessarily mean that your water is contaminated, only that there is a possibility of contamination due to lack of pressure in the main lines for an extended period.
Effective January 11, 2016, Texas State University’s Department of Housing and Residential Life is prohibiting the possession (use, charging and storage) of any and all self-balancing, battery-operated or gas-powered motorized transportation devices; this includes hands-free and handle-bar equipment and equipment sometimes known as “Hoverboards” in university owned and operated housing.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has safety concerns about these devices. Recent information has revealed that the batteries in the devices may explode while charging or spontaneously combust during use causing danger to the user, bystanders and the surrounding environment. Until the safety standards of these devices are approved by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and certified by an OSHA nationally recognized testing laboratory, the Department of Housing and Residential Life, in consultation with the Environmental Health, Safety, and Risk Management Department is banning these items from any university housing facilities.
Additional information concerning this new policy may be found at in the Resident Guide To Rights and Responsibilities.