Vision: For every Bobcat, community for life.
Mission: To enhance the experience of students through shared curricular and co-curricular opportunities, strong community relationships, and increased engagement in learning and life.
- We will sustain Texas State’s small-school feel while utilizing the benefits and resources of a major university.
- We will create intimate communities with a personalized educational experience.
- Our faculty members will be involved, interactive, and interested in the success of each student.
- Academic Success: Through co-enrolled courses and co-curricular experiences, we promote engaged learning and active inquiry to help students become academically successful while growing personally and intellectually.
- Responsibility: We courageously share in responsibility for each other, the group as a whole, and in a mutual concern for others.
- Cultural Fluency: We believe in mutual respect, civility, inclusivity, global awareness, and in serving the common good.
There are four pillars to Texas State's living-learning community program:
I. Co-enrolled courses: students in LLCs enroll in several of the same class sections. For example, students in the Business LLC take Business Law at the same time on the same day of the week with the same professor.
II. Increased levels of support: students in LLCs enjoy support from Resident Assistants (RAs) who have been specifically chosen for the theme of the LLC, as well as a faculty advisor, staff advisor, or faculty-in-residence.
III. Shared Living Space: students in some LLCs live on the same floor within the same residence hall with another student from the LLC. Students in other LLCs share space within the same residence hall, but not necessarily on the same floor.
IV. Co-curricular experiences: students in LLCs participate in out-of-class events (both social and educational) designed to help them get acquainted with Texas State and each other.