Skip to Content

Smith Hall

Smith Hall Exterior
Smith Hall Exterior

The hall consists of three separate buildings surrounding a tree-lined courtyard that has become a popular gathering space for residents. The hall layout allows for a great community atmosphere where students feel at home.

Smith Hall is a Traditional Hall where rooms share a hallway bathroom.

 Meet your Hall Staff

 Hall Staff
 101 Russell Circle
San Marcos, TX 78666
 512.245.2256
 Opened 1958

Quick View

 163 Beds
  Single Gender by Floor
 2 floors
  Wi-Fi Throughout



 

Provided Furniture

Standard Twin Bed (76" Mattress)

Desk and Desk Chair

Dresser

 

Amenities

Pool Table

​Lobby and Study Lounge

Full Community Kitchen

Wifi Internet Connection in Room

 

Room Specs

Bedroom Size: 10' x 13'

Window Size: 60" x 63"

Hall Floor Plan


History of Smith

Smith Hall is named for C. Spurgeon Smith, who was a biology professor and assistant football coach at Southwest Texas State Normal School in 1913. Professor Spurgeon aided in the unclogging of the San Marcos River in Sewell Park from logs and debris. The most significant impact to Texas State from Professor Spurgeon is that he suggested the bobcat become the official mascot of Southwest Texas State Normal School in 1921.