Falls Hall is one of two halls in the complex, the other is Sayers Hall. These two halls share a community building which contains classrooms, lobby and lounge areas, a full size community kitchen and more.
Falls Hall is an Adjoining Suite hall where rooms share a connected bathroom.
Starting Fall 2017, Falls Hall will house the Future Teachers Living-Learning Community.
631 Moore St
San Marcos, TX 78666
Starting Fall 2017: Male and Female
Student Rec. Center
Harris Dining Hall
Extra-Long Twin Bed (80" Mattress)
Desk and Desk Chair
Pool and Ping-Pong Tables
Sand Volleyball Court
Shaded Courtyard with BBQ Pits
Lobby and Study Lounge
Full Community Kitchen
Wifi Internet Connection in Room
Conference / Multi-Purpose Room
History of Falls
Falls Hall is named for Elizabeth Falls, who was a leader in the education field. Elizabeth Falls was hired in 1914 to manage the teacher training school and it was after her retirement in 1938 that the faculty voted to name the original Falls hall in her honor. The first Falls hall, built on the southern part of campus has housed approximately 10,000 students over the past 45 years. This hall was demolished in 2012 and the Performing Arts Center was built in this location.
Falls and Sayers Halls are home to artwork created by Texas native, James Surls. The piece called “Diamond with Nine Flowers” stands 18 feet high and is made of bronze and stainless steel. The sculpture resides in “The Contemplative Courtyard” which is centered on the space located outside of Falls Hall.