Butler Hall is a traditional hall with community bathrooms on each floor. It is located on the south part of campus adjacent to a green space called Concho mall, where students can relax and hang out. Butler Hall houses Science Pipeline, a living-learning community, where students enroll in core-level courses together.
Butler Hall is a Traditional Hall where rooms share a hallway bathroom.
Extra-Long Twin Bed (80" Mattress)
Desk and Desk Chair
Lobby and Study Lounge
Updated Full Community Kitchen
Wifi Internet Connection in Room
History of Butler
Butler Hall opened in 1965 and is named for Mary Stuart Butler, who was a vocal music teacher at Southwest Texas State Normal School from 1903 to 1942. At the start of her career, the music department only offered three courses consisting of the knowledge of the major and minor scales along with sight reading exercises. Mary Butler exclusively taught for seventeen years the classes offered by the music program and directed an opera which combined the music and speech departments.