Be a Good Neighbor
How to Be a GOOD Neighbor
Know Your Neighbors
Take some time to introduce yourself to your neighbors. If you feel comfortable enough, exchange phone numbers. They may be more likely to watch your residence when you are away and could contact you directly if there is a problem.
Turn Down the Volume
Neighbors have differing needs. Please be respectful of all neighbors by keeping loud noise to a minimum, particularly after 10 p.m. Typically, noise heard beyond a a property line is too loud.
Clean, Green, and Trash Free
Please keep your lawn mowed, trash picked up, and remember to keep couches in the living room and not on the porch. Do not overflow garbage cans, and please
put the trash cans away after trash has been collected. Visit: sanmarcostx.gov or call 512-393-8036 for trash
and recycling pickup information.
Practice Courtesy When Parking
Take care not to block driveways, obstruct the
sidewalk, or park facing the wrong direction. All neighbors appreciate the ability to park in front of their
Show Pride in Your Neighborhood
Even though you may not own your home, you can show pride in your neighborhood by following the recommendations mentioned above. When your neighbors see that you are making an effort, they may be more willing to say hello and get to know you.
Ways to Impress Your Neighbors
- Try not to overflow your trash bin.
- Mow your lawn on a regular basis.
- Put away your trash can by 9 p.m.
- Grills are prohibited on commercial properties, but most complexes have outdoor grills for residents. You can also visit parks in the San Marcos area that provide grills. Invite your neighbors to a barbeque!
- If you have mattresses, furniture or yard waste, you must call the City to schedule a bulky waste pickup. Call 512-393-8026 to arrange to have bulky waste hauled away. Keeping your place clean, green, and trash free is part of being a good neighbor.